Our flexible eLearning program is divided into short learning modules which you can watch in any order. You will learn efficient, adaptable approaches to communicating with pregnant women and their partners about vaccination.
The development of this content was led by the Murdoch Children's Research Institute for the MumBubVax website (now archived). Please note these video modules include logos and visuals that relate to the original website. Updated video modules will be developed in the future.
This eLearning module was originally designed primarily for use in general practice but the information and tips featured are applicable to various healthcare settings.
The purpose of this eLearning program is to provide an efficient, adaptable approach to communicating with pregnant women and their partners about vaccines. The recommended communications approach uses evidence-based techniques that have demonstrated success in previous studies. Below each eLearning module is a link to a short quiz to test and reinforce your understanding. Once you complete all the eLearning modules, you should be able to:
- establish maternal vaccination as a normal, routine, and recommended part of antenatal care
- efficiently elicit and address expectant parents’ concerns about maternal vaccines
- confidently respond to myths and misconceptions about vaccination
- provide key facts on vaccine safety and effectiveness and disease severity for influenza, pertussis and hepatitis B
- start a conversation on childhood vaccines and be able to direct expectant parents to evidenced based resources for more information to address concerns early
- direct women to appropriate locations to receive maternal vaccines if they are not available onsite, such as at the GP or local pharmacy.